Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



Most of you know that I was terrified by the idea of becoming a mother. I'll spare you from psychoanalyzing myself. Suffice it to say that a lot of those fears have been conquered. Every day I am so grateful for Sofía and what she adds to our family. I'm humbled that Jeff and I have been given the responsibility of raising her. Thankfully, we have a number of family and friends that have bombarded Sofía with love and support. To all of you thank you. It means the world to us. I believe there's a lot of truth to the concept that "it takes a village to raise a child". I've seen it take place in my life and now I'm witnessing it in Sofía's.
This is for Jeff's mom or as Sofía knows her, Nana.

She really likes to play with dolls now.

This is Sofía with my friend's two daughters. It was the first time they met.

Who are you again?

Can you guess what's in my mouth? (the little cup that holds the sacrament water) Don't worry, we took it out before she could choke on it.

3 comments:

Caryl McConkie said...

Thank you so much for wonderful Mother's Day words and pictures. I am definitely going print the black & white for my desk at work and for my desk at home. I love you all so much. Happiest of Mother's Day to my dear Marcela. It's your very first of many wonderful Mother's Days to come. Love Caryl and Nana

Caryl McConkie said...

And p.s.
I am so sorry that your Mother's Day card won't get to you on time. I must always remember to wear my reading glasses when I address an envelope. Happy Mother's Day, Marcela. Love Caryl

Heidi Bingham said...

Happy Mothers day Marcela!!!! I never imagined that being a mommy would be the single most amazing thing ever. Thanks for posting pictures...I really love the last one with the cup in her mouth. I just love her!!! Hope to see you this fall...ths June doesn't look hopful but this fall looks better. love, heidi