Saturday, March 14, 2009

Remember Me?

This last week we went out to eat and Jeff recognized our server. He had been her manager about five years ago and had fired her. What do you do under this circumstance? He acted like he didn't know her. It's not like he could say, "Hi, remember me? I fired you a few years back. How's it going?"
Jeff was certain that the girl did not recognize him. I, however, thought otherwise. If anybody fired me, not that it's happened, but IF it did I would ALWAYS remember the person who did it. Well, the girl answered the question.
Near the end of the meal she looked at Jeff and asked, "Didn't you used to work at Litza's?"
Jeff's expression was priceless! Picture a thief caught in the act. It's one of the few times I've seen him speechless. The only thing he could utter was, "Yeah." You could see the shock he felt that she called him out. He was just waiting to see what she'd say next. The only thing she said was, "Yeah. I thought so," and then she turned back into the kitchen.
We couldn't get out of the restaurant fast enough for Jeff. Since we've both worked in eating establishments we knew that the whole restaurant full of employees knew who he was and what he had done to her. He wanted to leave before she came back out. As we were walking to our car we could see inside and sure enough, the girl was getting a good laugh at our expense.
I have to hand it to her. She was pretty brave to call Jeff out. I don't think I could have done that. I would just play the "I don't know who you are" game.
By the way, Sofía had one of her regular check-ups today. Her head is finally growing. For a while there it was on the small side. Now it's her weight that needs to catch up. She's rather light especially since her height is in the 50th percentile. All in all, Dr. Omura tells us she's doing well. It's always a relief to know we haven't done too bad of a job with our little girl.
These four pictures are to show everyone that Sofía really does smile. I noticed that a lot of the pictures we post don't show her smiling. We'll try to fix that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that she is beautiful. She really looks like her mother!

Brooke said...

What a cute smile! I love the smile in the first picture, she looks so much older there!

Heidi Bingham said...

I miss her...I wish I could see her more...she is a doll!!!

alison said...

I love that picture of you holding her. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the story. I was at the edge of my seat reading it!